Sunday, December 15, 2013

Amaryllis Dress


It's about time I write a second post here on this blog of mine!

I have been sewing quite a bit lately but most of it are Christmas presents so I can't show you those projects until later. But when I was done with those I finally started on a Christmas dress for Anita. As soon as I saw the Winter Wonderland Collection from the great designers behind Pattern Anthology I knew that the Amaryllis Dress would be a perfect Christmas dress for her. Just as I was about to start Melissa, the talented lady of Blank Slate Patterns who made the pattern, announced she was going to have a sew along on facebook so I jumped on that. My first time sewing in public! I bought the pinkest fabrics I could find since my only to year old daughter refuses to wear anything that isn't pink. That might in some way be my own fault as I have loved buying everything pink after having three boys before her. I bought the fabric from one of the to local fabric shops in my area.




The polka dot is a Quilters Basic Style # 4517 by stof.dk and the other one is Dimples by Gail Kessler for Andover Fabrics.

The dress came together very nicely, the instructions were really good and easy to follow. I was very happy with how accurately I managed to cut out all my pieces, everything lined up perfectly.

























She loves her new dress! I can't decide which side of the dress I like the best. What do you think, how should she wear it on Christmas eve?

Since it seems like I don't have the fastest turnaround on my blogposts I guess I'll just wish you all a very Merry Christmas now!

Love
Dagbjört.











No comments:

Post a Comment