Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sommertime!





Hello friends!  

I am still here and still sewing so I have some catching up to do here on my blog!  
We are enjoying our summer vacation, even though it started with our 4 year old getting the chickenpox and now our youngest one has gotten it as well.  Oh well I guess it's good to have it over and done with!

Our two teenagers and I spent a few days in Paris, we had a great time checking out most of what Paris has to offer.  I never made it to the fabric stores though, but I guess my boys wouldn't have found that very interesting anyway so I'll just do that next time around.  Good to have a reason to go back there again and please don't tell my husband that we will be doing some fabric shopping when I take him on a romantic trip to Paris!  
Other than that we have been going to the beach, hiking, going to Kongeparken which is a local amusement park and just enjoying the lovely weather we have been having.  My sister in law and her son came to visit for a few days, and it's always so nice to have family and friends come visit us.

Ok then, lets get to the sewing part!

First I want to share with you my Pintuck Blouse and Dress a design by Heidi & Finn.  I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of this patterns as it goes all the way up to size 12.  This is the second Heidi & Finn pattern I sew up, the first one was the Colorblock Dress, which I haven't gotten around to take photos of yet and I'm dying to find the right fabric to make the Chic Cocktail Swing Coat.














I love the simple silhouette of this dress and the pintucks add such a nice little detail.  
The fabric is from Robert Kaufman bought at fabric.com some months ago, I couldn't find it on their site now so I guess it's sold out.  Thankfully small dresses don't use a lot of fabric so I still have some left.

I sewed up a size 3 for my 3 year old and the fit is spot on, next time though I will make the neck opening just a tiny bit bigger.  













And the best thing is that my little missy loves her dress!


Love 
Dagbjört.

No comments:

Post a Comment