Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Skater Girl

As we transition from summer into fall it is time to start on my fall/winter sewing for Anita and Viktor. At the moment I'm working on an outfit for Viktor but I'm not ready to share that one just yet but don't worry I do have something to show you. 

Yesterday I sewed up a Skater Dress for Anita.  The Skater Dress is a Kitschy Coo pattern which I got as part of my August patterns from The Sewing Rabbit. Which by the way is a great club to be in if you want to expand your pattern collection, for just $ 10 a month you get 3 new patterns each month and so far at least all the patterns have been great!





Isn't she cute!  I know you must be thinking - what Anita in a blue dress???  
But let me tell you she loves it!  I added a little bit of pink just to be on the safe side, but the hearts really did the trick.












She sure is getting a hang on those poses!




The fabric is also from the Kitschy Coo store, there are some awesome fabrics there!  I bought it to make an Elsa inspired top for Anita, but I couldn't find a chiffon to match it at my local fabric store.  
So when I got the Skater Dress pattern I knew it would be perfect for it.








I made the width a size 18M-2T but the length of the skirt and sleeves a size 3T-4T and it is 
the perfect fit for her.








This is just the perfect dress for an active little girl.








I also have the Lady Skater pattern, maybe I should make matching dresses for us girls...?

I will be back soon with Viktors outfit, I used some fantastic fabric for his as well.  So stay tuned!




Love 
Dagbjört.

No comments:

Post a Comment