Friday, August 29, 2014

My happy dude!

It just melts my heart that Viktor and Anita really love the clothes I make them - so far at least!  
Viktor has been waiting patiently all week to wear his new clothes to daycare so last night we had a quick photo shot so he could wear it today.  And this morning Anita threw a massive tantrum because she wanted to wear her blue dress ( the skater dress ) but it needs to be washed so after a lot of bargaining she put on the clothes I had found for her.

Back to Viktors outfit.  I made him a pair of Tree Climber Trousers by Go To Patterns 





For the Recess Raglan I used a rib knit in jade and orange from stoff og stil.  I added some color blocking to the sleeves and a band at the bottom.  I also stenciled some skulls on the front also bought at stoff og stil.  Viktor picked the motive by the way!  I followed the instructions and ironed after 24 hours and washed it after 48 hours, but the images faded after that wash I'm not sure if it is meant to or if I did something wrong.  But Viktor didn't mind so I guess all is good.  
I felt like a total rebel when making this shirt, first changing up the pattern like that and then I didn't follow the instructions when sewing it up because I like it better when the cuffs are sewn on after the sleeves and the side seams are done so I don't end up with the tail from the serger at the end of the sleeve.  
I guess it doesn't take much for me to rebel  -  LOL!








Ok, lets move on to the tree climber trousers.  I am still a little bit intimidated by sewing pants, 
but these came together quite smoothly and surprisingly fast.  
I made a size 5 with no alterations and they fit great.   








This is where I used that awesome fabric I talked about in my last post.  It is a reversible Japanese corduroy I bought from miss matatabi.  She sells the most gorgeous fabrics I have ever seen.  
The photos above don't really show off the pants or the fabric so here are some close ups.







Aren't those great?!  For the pockets I used the other side of the fabric.





And as you can see he is one happy dude!








I want to thank you guys for all your nice comments!  They really mean a whole lot to me, and although I love getting comments from my family and friends it is super special to see that I get visits and compliments from fellow sewing enthusiasts.  
THANK YOU!


Love
Dagbjört 






No comments:

Post a Comment