Thursday, February 19, 2015

What do you know - another dress!

I have a dress to share with you again.  What a surprice - right?!  
This one I actually made three of, but I can only show you one of them as the other two were christmas presents.

The dress is the Maggie Mae from Shwin Designs.





I love the curved colorblocking.




This one was the last one of the three so I didn't even look at the instructions  
If you know this pattern you have probably seen that I changed it up a bit 
even though it was totally unintentionally.   
I even just realized this now myself as I write this post.




I gathered the skirt instead of doing the pleats!  
Did not mean to do that, I love the pleats!  
But oh well I still love this dress! 




And miss Anita loves it too!
I can't go wrong with purple and pink!




That awesome Japanese fabric is from miss matatabi.  I bought it almost a year ago and I don't see it in her store anymore, but she has the most amazing fabrics and I love getting my orders from her!  The purple one is weave by moda I bought at my local fabric store Kreaktiv, they don't have a web page.




I made size 4 and the dress length and it fits spot on.   But I have a feeling that the ones I sent to my nieces were too small, but I hope they can wear them as a tunic for at least some time.  





Love
Dagbjört






No comments:

Post a Comment