Monday, June 1, 2015

Penny Dress

Well hello!
I'm still here even though May didn't turn out quite as productive on the sewing front as I had hoped.  It took me some time to decide what to make, there where a couple of long weekends and I got hooked on Mad Men.  When I get hooked on something I just can't stop until it's done!  I only have a few episodes left and then I'll dive into my lovely fabric stash again. 

So far I have only sewed from pdf patterns and this time I thought I'd try sewing from an e magazine.  I know it's basically the same thing but I thought maybe the instructions wouldn't be as detailed.  At least when I was reading through them before cutting my fabric it all seemed so much harder.  But then when I had all my fabric pieces in front of me it all made sense. 





I made the Penny Dress from issue 6 of One Thimble magazine.




This is the first e-zine I buy, and it is great!  It includes 10 patterns and a whole lot of articles on sewing.  Perfect for a sewing geek in training!




With the Penny Dress I liked how you can play around with fabric combos.




And those pockets!  Anita loves the big pockets!
I will probably find a lot of treasures in there before washing it.




I made her a size 4 as I have been doing lately and the fit is great, a little roomy but that's how we like it.  She doesn't like to wear clothes that are tight and when we are at home she only runs around in her underpants so she likes her freedom.  Just like her mom, I am told!  I have outgrown that habit by now in case you were wondering.




The main fabric is called Hello Petal Jump Rope in pink from Aneela Hoey, bought from 
Urban Sew looks like it's out of stock there now.  The purple is quilting cotton from Stof bought at my local fabric store, Kreaktiv.




Do you like her shoes?
She had her heart set on wearing her slippers and nothing could change that!!




We are happy we have found yet another pattern we like.  What I love about pdf patterns is the size range you usually get the patterns in, like this one goes from size 1 - 10 so you can get a lot of use out of your patterns.




There was too much direct sunlight when I took these photos so I ended up with a lot of unpleasant shadows that I had to try to edit out, which made my final photos quite grainy.
I am sure that is just do to lack of know how on my behalf.  No matter how much I read or am told about camera settings and all that picture taking stuff, it just doesn't get saved in my brain.  I might have to outsource that part of this sewing-blogging adventure of mine.




We had fun as usual.  Anita danced around and sang one of her self composed songs.




And talked a little bit to the trees.




Now I better get to selecting my fabrics for my next dress which is also a pattern for multiple fabrics.





Love
Dagbjört.



















No comments:

Post a Comment