Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pleasing a picky little customer

I had mixed emotions when cutting out my fabric for the dress I am going to share with you today.
I truly loved the color palette I ended up with BUT I was not sure at all how my picky little customer would react.
Almost no pink, common how is that going to end well?!

Well...




She loved it!!
Declared even that these were her favorite colors!
Phew.... !




Let me introduce you to the Ishi Dress from straight-grain, if you don't already know it.
I totally fell in love with this pattern when An the mastermind behind straight-grain used it to showcase some great fabrics from miss matatabi, and hoped she would make and sell the pattern.
So when she released it I was probably among the first ones to buy it!
But then started the heartache of choosing fabrics!
And the circles I went in, omg!
At some point I almost had all my fabric on the floor trying to come up with the right combo.




This dress is just sooooo perfect and I am so proud of how it turned out!
Anita wore it to a birthday party yesterday, and we got so many complements!
Then she insisted on wearing it to kindergarten today.  So maybe these are her new favorite colors after all, although I think the pockets are playing a big role in her excitement about her new dress!




I made size 4 with the slanted pockets.  I added some flat pink piping to the pockets.  I was going to add it to the princess seams as well, but I kind of messed it up so I dropped it this time around.
This dress has a hidden zipper in the back.  The second one I do, and it came out absolutely perfect!
I don't have any photos to prove it, so you just have to trust me!
I got a hidden zipper foot for my new sewing machine and I guess that makes all the difference.




The main fabric is from Robert Kaufman called Modern Bliss by Andie Hanna, I believe I bought it from fabric.com but I can't find it there now.  I have probably had it for about a year at least.  The pockets are made from Amy Bradley Designs for Timeless Treasures bought at my local fabric store, Kreaktiv.




The centers of the flower blobs are almost the exact same lime color as the pockets.



There is really not much more to say about this great creation.









So if you sew you need to buy this pattern!
There is even an Ishi contest going on with some great prices, and if you like my dress 
I would love it if you vote for me when the voting starts at the beginning of July. 




Love
Dagbjört.














No comments:

Post a Comment