Thursday, July 9, 2015

The Garden Girl Collection: The Stella Tunic and Leggings

The last but certainly not the least in the Garden Girl Collection





How cute is that?!




Business in front...




Party in the back!
Hahaha, but in a very cute way!!

I adore the high-low hem of the skirt and the pointy collar makes it oh so sophisticated.




This pattern is a little more advanced than the other two in the collection because
of all the buttonholes.  I don't mind doing buttonholes though, and my new sewing machine
does them automatically and they look really nice.  I do however get stressed out a little bit
when sewing on so many buttons in a row, cause if the spacing is off you will have some
puckering and that does not look good right there in the center of your garment.




The buttons hit spot on this time, pheeew!
If you want you can continue adding buttons down the skirt piece as well,
but I wasn't about to temp faith by adding two more!
You might notice that I put the buttonholes on the left side instead of the right?
Oh well, I guess you can't win them all!  
And besides my almost four year old couldn't care less!




Other than placing the buttons this came together quite fast and easy.
The pattern pieces printed out perfectly and the instructions are very clear.
The bodice is fully lined so it looks very nice on the inside as well.
The pattern has options for sleeveless or cap sleeves.  Although I'm
a sucker for cap sleeves I opted to go with sleeveless this time cause
I loved the slight racer back look on that version.
I made Anita a size 4 and it fits perfect, there is some room so she can wear
a thin long sleeved t-shirt underneath for cooler days.
Which lets face it will be most days in this part of the world!




There is also a pattern for the leggings.  They are straight forward slim fitting leggings.
I should have sized down the width cause Anita is mostly skin and bones,
but I forgot and coming fall/winter we will have to layer with some 
long johns anyway.
All I had on hand for the leggings was this light pink jersey so I added
the flowers to the knees to give them some more color.




The fabric is Playful, cotton lawn from Cotton + Steel by Melody Miller,
bought from Miss Matatabi.  Looks like she is out of this print, but no worries she has
a great selection of cotton + steel fabrics and also really cool Japanese fabrics.
Her etsy shop is one of those dangerous places for sewing addicts!! 
There really should pop up some kind of warning before entering!




And now for Anita's signature:

She's got the moves like Jagger










Both of us love the Garden Girl Collection, see here and here.
Anita gets so many complements and having made her outfits gives
me this nice fuzzy proud feeling inside.  I'm so glad I took up sewing!




Thanks for stopping by and go check out Shwin Designs for some great patterns.
Shauna also has a whole bunch of free patterns on her blog.




Love
Dagbjört



Ps:  I bought the Garden Girl Collection before joining the Shwin Designs ambassador program and all opinions are completely mine!
























No comments:

Post a Comment