Sunday, August 9, 2015

The post with six pieces of clothing!

Warning, this is a long post.  I hope you make it to the end! 

We have one more week of summer holiday and we are having so much fun!
I wish it could last forever!

We spent a little over a week in Denmark with my in-laws and my sister in-law and
part of her family.  Even though the weather wasn't the greatest to start with we had so much fun.
We just hung out, ate some really good food and enjoyed spending time together.
We went to a zoo and a rainforest park and sent the big kids to a theme park.
I'm not sure whether the kids or my sister in-law had more fun patting the animals! :)

Before we left I sewed up a bunch of clothes for the kids that I wanted to photograph on our trip.
Since summer goes by so fast - way to fast, I'm starting on the fall wardrobe. 
Today I'll show you no less than six pieces of clothing for my little munchkins!


Lets start with the newly released Domi Sweat Pants from Sofilantjes.
These are the perfect pants for kids that like to run around and play.




Since it is my experience that the knees alway wear out on pants and I doubt I'm the only one with that problem, I added knee patches.  I just winged the size and placement, sewed the top and bottom
of the patches to the front leg pieces and than I topstitched around all the stars on the patches to keep them better in place.




I found this really cool stitch on my sewing machine called hem stitch and I used it to
sew the pockets and the knee patches on the front leg pieces.




These were easy and fast to put together, instructions are clear and they go
all the way up to size 14!  You can make them full length, 3/4 length or bermuda shorts length,
with round pockets or square pockets.
So a lot of options and this pattern will last us for many years!

Now I'm going to bombard you with photos of Viktor showing off his badminton skills,
but stick around to see the other four pieces in this post!








Doesn't he look like a pro?  Specially with his tongue sticking out, hahaha!

The fabrics are all from Stoff og Stil.

So then we went for a walk to the beach and when we got there it was very handy that I
had made the 3/4 length as well cause of course they wanted to get their feet wet.




Since they were having so much fun they had no time to pose for us,
so the photos don't give these shorts the credit they deserve.
The camera lens fogged up due to the change in humidity so it looks like it was a very foggy day.
Makes for kind of a cool effect though.






I usually don't like those character prints, but I figured Viktor would
so I bought this Angry Birds knit at my local fabric store.
I'm so disappointed with it, it wasn't cheap and it doesn't wash up well!
You can kind of see it in the first photo.
The hedgehog fabric I used for Anitas shorts is great though, also bought at
my local fabric store.

After a while the shorts got wet and came off and they continued to have fun
only on their underpants, which is totally fine when you are only 4 and 5 1/2!




And that brings me to the final two pieces, the sweaters.
This pattern I have used before.  It is the Cupcake Top by Sewing Mama Raeanna.
It's a nice and simple t-shirt with a cute and very popular kangaroo pocket.
You can add ruffles to the sleeves, bottom and pocket as well, but this time I went without.
Here you can see my other cupcake tops.




I used that cool hem stitch to sew the pocket and for all the hemming.

For Viktor everything is made in size 6 and for Anita size 4.

I just have to share some more photos because they are just so great for ones.













Thanks for sticking around through this VERY long post!



Love
Dagbjört


























   

No comments:

Post a Comment