Sunday, September 27, 2015

Pattern Anthology: Unbiased

There is a new collection out from the amazing designers of Pattern Anthology called Unbiased.
It's a bundle of four patterns for women using knit fabrics.  Actually it is much more than four patterns since all of them can be made as either a dress or a top, with different sleeve options and
different kind of finishing touches.
Totally worth every penny!

I had big plans to sew them all up and share them with you but you guys know how it is,
life usually gets in the way of those grand plans!  So I am pretty happy to share with you
two out of the four.

Lets start with the Diamond - girls best friend, right?




This pattern is designed by Shauna of Shwin Designs.
As you can see I made the peplum version with flared skirt and short sleeves.
First I made a muslin in size small to check the fit, because my measurements are like all over the place.  I found it a little big so for my final version I cut out extra small and flared the skirt piece out to a small.  For once I have made a top for myself that fits perfectly!




I accidentally cut the skirt piece on the fold, actually I cut two pieces on the fold and didn't realize it until I had sewn the side seams together and thought it looked a little big as I was about to sew it to the bodice - hehe.  Instead of cutting it in two I decided to just have one seam and place it on the back and I am very happy with how it turned out with the print of the fabric.




This fabric I got as part of the August Knit Fix from Girl Charlee.  I love the print, it is thinner
than the knits I'm used to so it would probably not hold up very long if I had used it for something for the kids but it was great for this top.




Next up is my other friend, Gwen!




This one is designed by Kate of See Kate Sew.
A top again!  With elbow sleeves and shoulder contrast.
I didn't make a muslin this time, just cut a size extra small blended to a medium at the hips.
The sleeves I blended from extra small to small, it wouldn't have hurt if I had gone up to medium.
But it works, I'll just take it easy on the biceps workouts for a while - wink wink!




I love how well I was able to match up the stripes - high five to myself!




The stripy fabric I bought at my local fabric store and the pink contrast fabric is laguna cotton jersey in cherry from the imagine gnats store.




I am one happy mama with two new tops that totally match my style and fit perfectly.
Both of these sew up pretty darn fast, matching up the fabric took the longest time.  The instructions are great as is to be expected from these sewing superstars.  I will for sure use these patterns again, who knows maybe I will make dresses next time around.  You guys will be the first to find out!
Now I just need to figure out fabric combos for the other two patterns in the bundle,
the Adora by Andrea Pannell and the Denver by Melissa Mora.

You can get the collection at 40 % discount until October 2 plus you will receive over $ 250 in coupons and a wardrobe planner.  All of the patterns come in a size range from XXS - XXXL!
So something for every body!


I was lucky enough to be given these patterns in exchange for sharing my creations
with you and giving my honest opinion.





Love
Dagbjört




















No comments:

Post a Comment