Monday, October 12, 2015

My first pattern testing!

You know how Denmark is famous for great designers?  If you don't ask your friend Google.
I mean in every aspect - furniture, toys, jewelry, fashion - they are just amazing!
So what do you do when you get asked to test a pattern by a Danish designer?
I'll tell you!  You jump up and down and squeal like a crazy person
and than you brag about it to everyone meet!

At least that's what I did when Christina Albeck of Wardrobe by me asked
little old me to test her newest pattern which was just released this weekend.


It is a T-shirt and top pattern.
You can either make a fancy top or a casual light sweater.
Choose from a round scooped neckline or a v-neck, sleeveless or with sleeves,
finish the armhole and neckline with facings or with rib.
Curved og straight hemline.
So many options that result it totally different tops. 

I made two versions.  Here is my fancy top.




This one has the facings at the neckline and armholes and a curved hemline.
Very feminine and quite dressy.




It is recommended that you use a lightweight fabric with a good drape.
I used cotton + steel Mesa, which is cotton lawn.  Bought from Miss Matatabi,
looks like she is all sold out of this one though.




I made this one in size 4 on top and then graded out to a 6 at the hips.
It fits really well.  In the final version the neckline and the armhole are a bit more fitted.

Then there is my other one.




As you can see this one is very different.



This version came together very fast!  It only took me a couple of hours from tracing
the pattern to the final seam.
If using knit she recommends going down a size so I made this one
completely in size 4 and I couldn't be happier.




I used light weight knit I bought from Girl Charlee, I don't know the name of it.
It was part of the August Knit Fix and I lost the card that came with it.
This floral fabric is a bit outside of my comfort zone and I wasn't sure I would like it.
But it grew on me and now I love it, I'm sure combining it with the right pattern
makes all the difference.





That's it folks!
Go check out Christina's new pattern and all her other nice patterns

Thank you so much Christina for giving me the opportunity to test your pattern,
it was such a pleasure! And congratulations on the release of your newest pattern!

There is a 30% discount valid until October 17th, use code EASYTEE



Love
Dagbjört





























No comments:

Post a Comment